Our production tools: freeze-dried plant, chromatography, bioreactor
Thanks to the instrumentation and equipment available in our production facility in Bolzano, customers are offered the opportunity to develop and manufacture products that reflect their needs, relying on a specialised, certified company with the highest quality standards.
- Freeze-dried plant: 250 m² area divided into 18 industrial freeze-dryers and 3 freeze-dryers for pre-industrial testing
- 3 Clean Rooms ISO7 with air humidity control (<10%)
- Industrial chromatography columns: 250 to 1000 litres of gel
- Ultrafiltration: 110 m² membrane surface
- Microfiltration: 60 m² membrane surface
- Spray Dryer
The third-party service offered covers the entire production process of experimental and pharmaceutical products, food and cosmetic ingredients and finished products, right up to packaging.
Freeze drying process, lyophilization allows to reduce foods to powders. This dehydration technique manages to preserve the nutritional and organoleptic quality of food and the biological properties of molecules, not using high heating temperatures.
Spray Drying is the process by which a liquid is transformed into a powder. The liquid is pulverized in the form of fine droplets and is brought into contact with a hot gas.
In Lyopharm we have the possibility to package the products through different systems:
- Automatic bagging with triple laminated film
- Packaging in jars
- Production and packaging of products in capsules
- Production and packaging of blister products
The customer can take advantage of a private label service on products currently in our range of foodstuffs, sweeteners, food for special medical purposes (AFMS) and food supplements, both freeze-dried and in capsules.
Chromatography is a process of separation of biological or chemical substances that is based on separation differences between a mobile phase and a stationary phase. This separation allows dividing the components of a liquid mixture.
There are several types of chromatography:
- absorption chromatography
- ion chromatography
- affinity chromatography
This method of separation has the advantage of isolating, with a high degree of purity, organic compounds such as pigments, glucides, proteins, enzymes, hormones and antibodies.
These are reactors in which metabolites are produced following multiplication of micro-organisms (yeasts, bacteria, algae, vegetable and animal cells, fungi), or by bio-conversion of a molecule of interest of recombinant proteins type.
The Clean Rooms provide an environment where particle concentration is controlled by a system that filters the incoming air. These rooms are used in special sectors: electronic, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, medical or food processing, where the presence of contaminants (bacteria, dust...) in the air must be controlled. The parameters controlled in these rooms are humidity, relative pressure and temperature. Our Laboratory is equipped with sterile rooms class ISO7, for a total surface of 500 m².
At Lyopharm we have the possibility to package the products in blisters:
- Light and easy to handle;
- They guarantee the integrity of the contents;
- Ideal as single-dose containers.
In our laboratory in Bolzano we have the possibility to package the products in capsules:
- Light and manageable;
- They allow you to package a liquid product;
- Ideal for protecting the product.
At Lyopharm we have the possibility to package products in jars:
- Customised solutions;
- Allows you to package a liquid product;
- Ideal for keeping the product intact.